Login/Register  |  Community  |  Help  
Home > All Categories > Community  
  Search Forum  
+  My Community
|-+  Category Specific Discussion
| |-+  Home & Garden (Moderator: mod_tangerine)
| | |-+  Great Grilling Tips
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Great Grilling Tips  (Read 681 times)
jf09042
Super blujay Member status!

Great Grilling Tips
« on: May 15, 2010, 04:10:59 PM »

Itís the start of the grilling season Ė and here are 10 tips for better grilling from myrecipes.com

1. Go all out. Buy the best meat you can afford. Even the richest sauces canít save a poor-quality piece of meat.

2. Be organized. Have food, marinade, sauces, and equipment grillside and ready to go before you start cooking. Allow meats to stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.

3. Try woodworking. Both hickory and mesquite wood give the strongest flavor and are widely available. Donít be afraid to try others types of wood, including alder, apple, cherry, maple, and oak.

4. Gauge your fuel. Make sure you have enough gas or charcoal before you start.

5. Go for flavor. Avoid using lighter fluid because it can result in a bitter flavor. For the best taste, start the fire using a chimney starter or paraffin lighter cubes, and allow your charcoal to cook down and turn ashen before grilling your food.

6. Ban the burn. Flare-ups lead to burned food, so trim any excess fat and skin from meats to prevent the drips that can cause flare-ups.

7. Turn, donít stab. Use tongs or a spatula to turn meat; donít use a carving fork. This way, the meatís flavorful juices wonít seep out early.

8. Keep it covered. Keep the grill covered, and resist the temptation to peek. Each time you lift the lid, you lose built-up heat that can alter your cook time.

9. Never desert your post. Even though grilling is easy, it requires vigilance to prevent flare-ups and other potential problems.

10. Give it a rest. Meats are juicier and taste better if given the chance to rest for a few minutes after being removed from the flame.

More at: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/article/0,28747,1739396,00.html

Happy Grilling!
SECONDCHANCEGIFTS

the world needs more nurses

Re: Great Grilling Tips
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:10:46 AM »

8. Keep it covered. Keep the grill covered, and resist the temptation to peek. Each time you lift the lid, you lose built-up heat that can alter your cook time.

I'm a peeker  Cheesy

2daSource

Re: Great Grilling Tips
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »

7. Turn, donít stab. Use tongs or a spatula to turn meat; donít use a carving fork. This way, the meatís flavorful juices wonít seep out early.

I put lots of holes in my meat, even before I cook it.

But then again, I cook my meat Well Done.  Which is wise, since I grill as much pork as I do beef.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: