Login/Register  |  Community  |  Help  
Home > All Categories > Community  
  Search Forum  
+  My Community
|-+  Category Specific Discussion
| |-+  Home & Garden (Moderator: mod_tangerine)
| | |-+  What's going on the grill over the 4th weekend?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's going on the grill over the 4th weekend?  (Read 1361 times)
collecthappy1953
Super blujay Member status!

Finally up-to-speed!!

What's going on the grill over the 4th weekend?
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:19:28 AM »

Just got home from shopping, and only hauled in the bags needing put in fridge.  Making seasoned thick bacon ka-bobs, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, and foiled potatoes and onions.....
Chocolate homemade ice cream for desert.....Oh shoot~~ forgot to get more ice.   Shocked Shocked

jf09042

Re: What's going on the grill over the 4th weekend?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:03:27 PM »

Just got home from shopping, and only hauled in the bags needing put in fridge.  Making seasoned thick bacon ka-bobs, hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, and foiled potatoes and onions.....
Chocolate homemade ice cream for desert.....Oh shoot~~ forgot to get more ice.   Shocked Shocked

Nothing like homemade ice-cream!  Sounds like you're going to have a great 4th. I'd love to know more about the bacon ka-bobs you're making if you don't mind sharing.

SBB
oldhottie

GANGSTA BABY

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »

Oh you are right there is Nothing like good ole homemade ice cream!  Hubby's dad always makes ours for family events, using fresh strawberries.  Delicious! 

We are smoking a turkey, making brisket and of course will have some dogs too.  It's supposed to rain all weekend so not too sure how fun it will be outdoors. 

Everyone have a wonderful and Safe holiday!   Grin

The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
Henry Kissinger
SECONDCHANCEGIFTS

the world needs more nurses

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »

have a save & happy 4th of July weekend

homemade chocolate icecream is fabulous....grill will be filled with burgers, brats, dogs and a variety of other delicious foods Grin

no rain scheduled for this area Grin  the RV is open, boat is on the lake and fishing poles are ready Grin

2daSource

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »

We're supposed to be in the 90's on the 4th, so no rain here.

As far as the grill is concerned, mostly pork ribs and brats.  Have a friend stopping by and bringing some of her fabulous red skin potato salad and taco salad...another planning to bring by some homemade cheesecake.

No homemade ice cream here, but Cooks Farm Dairy is only about 12 miles away and they make their own farm fresh ice cream, that is simply delish.  I put my order in a couple weeks ago, so that they had time to perfect my request of "Death By Chocolate".... Cheesy Roll Eyes Cheesy  We're also getting some Black Cherry Cordial as well.

One of these days I might succeed in getting them to try making a Black Forest ice cream.

oldhottie

GANGSTA BABY

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »

Oh this thread is making me hungry!   Grin Grin

Where we live at fireworks are legal, the largest fireworks seller in the state is just down the street from us.  So we set lots of money on fire every year, but with caution of course! 

I love the sound of Death By Chocolate!  Yummy  Grin Grin

The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
Henry Kissinger
jf09042

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 04:34:35 AM »

No homemade ice cream here, but Cooks Farm Dairy is only about 12 miles away and they make their own farm fresh ice cream, that is simply delish.  I put my order in a couple weeks ago, so that they had time to perfect my request of "Death By Chocolate".... Cheesy Roll Eyes Cheesy  We're also getting some Black Cherry Cordial as well.

I'm a chocolate fan - but that Black Cherry Cordial ice cream sound wonderful!

oldhottie

GANGSTA BABY

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »

Well the rain started early yesterday evening and hasn't stopped.   Cry
What the heck we don't get rain here in Oklahoma, more less in July!  Looks like I might have to work more on the inside and tidy up the game room.  A 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms for the 4th.

Henry Kissinger
poemsforcreation

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 11:42:16 AM »

we started our weekend yesterday and headed over to Naples to swim in the Gulf. Clam Pass Beach is one of the most beautiful unspoiled around. Have a great 4th everyone

New York strips on the grill tonight
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:43:49 AM by poemsforcreation » Logged
collecthappy1953

Finally up-to-speed!!

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 07:50:31 AM »

Daughter was swimming at Marco Island over the weekend, but said rained on the fourth...on their 22 hour ride back to Arkansas, then 9 hour train ride back to Illinois tomorrow. Stayed home and watched the neighbors fireworks they brought home from Indiana....
Got the bacon ka-bob recipe from food channel:
Deep fry the thickest bacon you can find...
Marinated overnight in Italian dressing, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, black peppercorns, and garlic powder. Put on skewer like ribbon candy, and grill.  The "boys" loved it, and ate the entire plate of them, over a pound, before they were even cold.  Guess I'll be making them again.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: