Login/Register  |  Community  |  Help  
Home > All Categories > Community  
  Search Forum  
+  My Community
|-+  Community Help Discussion
| |-+  Suggestions (Moderators: mod_grape, mod_peach)
| | |-+  A "Page Updated on" would be nice
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Who agrees a "Page Updated On" would be great?
Yes   -3 (33.3%)
No   -4 (44.4%)
Don't care   -2 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: A "Page Updated on" would be nice  (Read 939 times)
Americasprice
Jr. blujay Member

A "Page Updated on" would be nice
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:36:17 PM »

It would be great if Blujay would add a "Page Updated On" the seller's stores.   We manually update our store daily and display it at the bottom of our page.  I'm sure it makes customers feel more comfortable.  It will also help determine which stores are active and which stores are abandoned.  Just a suggestion.

http://www.blujay.com/americasprice
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:39:17 PM by Americasprice » Logged
mod_grape
Super blujay Member status!

Blujay Member Since Feb, 2006

Re: A "Page Updated on" would be nice
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »

Wow! Going in and adding that to each individual item manually is probably time consuming, especially if you would have 1000 or more items in a store.

Happy Selling and Safe Buying!

"A conclusion is the part where you got tired of thinking."
"Silence is golden but duct tape is silver."
justjoansetc

Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

All you have to do is look at the invoice numbers to see if it's a new ad or an old one.
I don't see the point in updating for the buyer?
I do go in and update my items a lot of times as far as shipping or changing prices etc, but that's just me doing it.
And with over 1100 items it does take a long time to do some of those things.

C`MON!..to...MY HOUSE,
Joan
http://www.blujay.com/justjoansetc

"You have to Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive,
Eliminate the Negative,
Latch on to the Affirmative,
And don't Mess with Mister in Between!"
creeksidebooks

Creekside Brady

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 02:58:58 AM »

I am not sure that, as a customer, it would occur to me to check unless I had had a previous bad experience.  As a Blujay regular, I would look at how old listings seemed to be and if they had any recent feedback.  If in doubt I would email the seller. 

I hope administration will begin tracking sellers who have not logged in for a prolonged period with an eye toward removing abandoned stores.

"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves" --Anna Quindlen
http://creeksidebooks.blujay.com
NannysCraftNook

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »

Actually...one could add a little note in the "about me" section in ones store stating the date it was last updated.
I saw a couple sellers doing that already and started to do it myself in my three stores.
This is a good indication that a store is active and a big help to Admin while they attempt to weed out the dead stores. Wink

patterns

"Sewing...not a lost art!"

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »

Actually...one could add a little note in the "about me" section in ones store stating the date it was last updated.
I saw a couple sellers doing that already and started to do it myself in my three stores.
This is a good indication that a store is active and a big help to Admin while they attempt to weed out the dead stores. Wink

I have started doing what NannysCraftNook and a few others have done. Whenever I accept new invoices or list something I automatically change the update.

Since the feedback system does not work in my store buyers will have seen the same feedback for the last 10 months. However, I do keep a transaction/feedback update in my Sales Policy.

creeksidebooks

Creekside Brady

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 02:46:35 AM »

I have started doing what NannysCraftNook and a few others have done. Whenever I accept new invoices or list something I automatically change the update.

Since the feedback system does not work in my store buyers will have seen the same feedback for the last 10 months. However, I do keep a transaction/feedback update in my Sales Policy.
Hmm...I don't know that I am organized enough to remember to do it.  I have a weebly website that is on the business card I enclose with my shipments and I hardly ever think about refreshing it.  I think I am not a good marketer at heart  Wink.

"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves" --Anna Quindlen
http://creeksidebooks.blujay.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: