Login/Register  |  Community  |  Help  
Home > All Categories > Community  
  Search Forum  
+  My Community
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Lounge (Moderators: mod_grape, mod_apple, mod_berry)
| | |-+  Natural Thyroid supplements for an underactive thyroid gland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Natural Thyroid supplements for an underactive thyroid gland  (Read 2933 times)
tigress1167
Senior blujay Member

Tigger's Thrift store

Natural Thyroid supplements for an underactive thyroid gland
« on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:01 PM »

Some of the key causes of Hypothyroidism( underactive thyroid) includes poor diet, fluoride in the water, chemicals in food, consumption of saturated fats, pesticide residues on fruit, radiation from xrays alcohol, and drugs.

Thyroid herbs may be used to help support that overall glandular system and correct this imbalance.

Bladderwrack(Kelp):  An excellent source of the trace mineral iodine.  A Mineral that is required for proper thyroid gland function.
Useful for under active or enlarged thyroid and goiter.

Licorice: Is an excellent general thyroid herb for the glandular systen and adrenals.  It is considered a medium term energy builder and glandular balancer.
Do not use licorice if you suffer from high blood pressure.

Saw Palmetto:  Although best known as a tonic for the prostate.  Saw Palmetto is also useful as a thyroid herb and long tern glandular builder so should be taken for extended periods of time.

Ginger:  Ginger is a mild yet effective herb to improve circulation, increase energy, increase the metabolic rate and cleanse the colon.

Natural Thyroid Health Recommedations:
1.  Avoid Fluoride( including that found in toothpaste and water) and chlorine (also found in tap water).  Chlorine, fluoride and blobk iodine receptors in the thyroid gland, resulting in reduced iodine reducing hormone production and finally hypothyroidism.  Use a fluoride free toothpaste.

2.  Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol.  These upset the glandular system resulting in further imbalance.

3.  Eat a whole food diet that consists of 75% raw fruit and vegetables.  With whole grains, seed, nuts, brown rice, legumes, and millet.  You may include natural whole food supplements but you must eat as well.
Supplements with super greens foods.

4.  Avoid "low energy foods"  such as sugar, fried foods, saturated fats, meat, alcohol, caffeine and processed foods.

5.  Use a thyroid supplement with help that supports thyroid function and nutrition.

I thought I would  pass this handy info along.  I have a bad thyroid and I do not take synthyroid or levothine.  I'll tell you why.  Though many DOCTORS recommend this medicine, (they get a cut when you fill the prescription), it has a lot of side effects.  Including wearing down of the stomach lining, most doctors give you another prescription for this along with high blood pressure pills, you didnt take before being diagnosed.   Doctors wont tell you this but, synthyroid raises your blood pressure.

What do I take?  I take 1 Betacaretene tablet when I start moving around, and 2 B complex vitamins around lunch time.  I am also on a green tea diet.  By the way, this is a no caffeine diet, and there is no caffeine in green tea.  What little is in it is brewed out while processing.  Or you will see me drinking sprite while I am out.  Diet soda is a big mistake because it is loaded with chemicals, scientist are now finding out has a cancer causing agent.  If it aint natural dont eat or drink it.

I do recommend Kelp, which you can take on its own for your thyroid, and notice the weight come off.  I was taking it and ate bad shrimp.  Wellllllll shrimp is loaded with iodine and it was an overload of iodine and was I sick as a dog.  It take 6 months to get the chemicals from the bad shrimp to leave your body and you cannot take kelp during this time.  With that in mind soon its back to Hello Kelp, bye bye seafood, and hopefully a better figure.

Send this along to someone you know who has a bad thyroid, or suspected bad thyroid.  Stop paying for nonsense drugs and use natural remedies so you can feel better. 
Note:  This is a lifetime change and once you get started you should be committed to a better life choice and eating rituals.

cashinhand
Full blujay Member

Re: Natural Thyroid supplements for an underactive thyroid gland
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:23:21 PM »

Actually...this is useful...I forwarded the info along to someone I know with this issue...Thanks for the heads up...

US Currency

Deals on Outdoor Supplies

Can you Click the Moving Birdie?

KarinasCantina
Full blujay Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:41:09 PM »

I have looked at these what do you think?

http://www.blujay.com/?page=ad_a&adid=1720769&cat=19010400

cashinhand
Full blujay Member

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »

Hmmm...Essence of a Flower...that's a hard sale, for me.

But one time I did get stung by a wasp and immediately felt more aware...I noticed the results immediately, as did those around me...Smiley...

Then again, I'm one of those people who hate all medicines...homeopathic or prescription...except for Vicodin!  That's OOOOOKKKKKKK in my book...lol...my story below...

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=1824

US Currency

Deals on Outdoor Supplies

Can you Click the Moving Birdie?

tigress1167
Senior blujay Member

Tigger's Thrift store

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 09:41:38 AM »

I know several people that take vicodin for a pain reliever.  I have a natural immunity to antibiotics and pain relivers.  I blew out my back one year right around christmas and finally couldnt take the pain so off to the ER.  We'll 2 IV bags full of pain reliever and I was still saying, OK when is this stuff going to kick in.  Then they shipped me home in pain.  I spent 2 weeks in pain before it finally got better.  So I had time on my hands to look for something that would work.  I have looked into natural meds to help me out. 
Those drops like any other drug.  You stop taking it its back to the drawing board.  Kelp in a bottle is around $8.99 for 500.  one a day and you are feeling much better and will start losing weight.
Hope I helped with the info. 

RobinsNest
Super blujay Member status!

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 07:49:50 AM »

Willrereed this thred when my mind is working way better. Have had gentic low thyroid all my life nd nSynthroid since 19. Wish it WOULD raise my BP!!!!!!
Darn thing always in cellar. Keep telling docs I should come with a instructinal manul!  Grin  Very intresting info. Thanks to thredstarter.

Catherine
http://www.blujay.com/RobinsNest

"I shall pass through this world but once. Therefore, any good I can do or any kindness I can show, let me do it now for I shall not pass this way again." anon
http://www.blujay.com/RobinsNest
destin4tees
Full blujay Member

Fly On In

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 08:01:10 AM »

Thanks tigress I take levoyl 125mg just raised it from 100mg
have to return in 2 months for testing I would love to rid my self of this with kelp How would I make the tranfer just stop lev. and start kelp? and whats a good place to purchase herbs
Thanks

tigress1167
Senior blujay Member

Tigger's Thrift store

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 12:46:17 PM »

Kelp you can get at any drug store. CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens.  What I would do is Start taking the (1) Kelp pill a day for a week. Then start weening yourself off the Levothine.  Like one every other day for two weeks then, one every 3rd day.  But keep continuing the (1) Kelp pill a day.  This is a lifetime choice so once you start on Kelp its for the rest of your life.  But it is much healthier for your body.

To robins nest:  If your blood pressure is low and taking synthyroid.  You are cheating somewhere else in the diet as mentioned in the first thread.  Absolutely NO TAP WATER or BOTTLED WATER (most bottled water is tap water) and no caffeine in your diet including diet sodas.  Also a big no no is substitute sugars, like sarrachin or sweetra, they are full of chemicals that will mess up your thyroid and the medicine will not work. 
Good luck with your health
keep smiling
Carol(tig)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: